Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Do you like Sunday's?  I do.

Good memories of Sunday.

The only time I haven't enjoyed a Sunday was during a season at Huntingdon - attending church but not connected to one.  I think it was my freshman year.  Sunday afternoons could be long and lonely.  Even at Auburn.  Why is that?  I think because I'd spent my growing up years with a church family - though complaining about having to "go again" at night - as a child I complained or just didn't want to - as a teenager I quit questioning it. At age 16, when I was redeemed,  I looked forward to going and having a purpose.  Couldn't wait to share that purpose.  I probably overshared it.

As an adult, well, I've loved Sundays - but probably were a bit stressful when the kids were all small.  In fact, I know they were.  I think I've blanked that part out.  They were a LOT stressful and a lot of work.

I know that I really like them now.  They are a bit of work - but just a smidgeon, having grandchildren close by - but now - well - I can count the costs and it's all worth it.  It was then, I just couldn't see through the exhaustion.

Anyway - happy Sunday - I pray yours isn't lonely.  I want for you to have a church family, if you are a believer.  If you aren't a believer - in the Redeemer, the Savior, the Christ, the Son of God - if you haven't said yes to Him - if He hasn't breathed life into you, I pray He will.  If you are even questioning that - then you can say yes to Him.  He will give you life.  He will give you living water - and the bread of life.  Food for living.

Happy Sunday.

No comments: