Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

The Father of my four girls.
My husband, Charlie.

I tend to forget this, it's been so long ago, but I remember, when I was single,
I knew that I could not marry someone whom I could not trust to raise my children,
(meaning, in Christ, in devotion and honor, in training them up in the way they should go)
should something happen to me.  

Charlie matches all the integrity and faithfulness that I knew in my own Dad.
He is a patient and consistent husband and dad.
He perseveres and endures.
He bends without breaking.



Marriage and Parenting are the best and the hardest things.
Layers are stripped away.  We die to self.
We eventually lay it all down.

And we love more, instead of less.
And we like, we like a whole lot.






















The love of Christ and the character of Christ are demonstrated 
before the next and the next generation.

No comments: