Thursday, February 18, 2010

Earlier and Earlier

Ada is waking earlier and earlier.

today it was 6:00 or a pinch before.  I don't really mind - but it doesn't bode well for Laura Beth.  Especially after I'm gone.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, but at 10:30 John was still struggling to "shut it down", even after Laura Beth had nursed him fully.  So - I took in the room with me so that she could sleep.  I did that thing that Ann and I usually do with her newborns - the wedge thing for babies now - I put it next to me on my bed and kept him swaddled and with the pacifier.  He just was having a little trouble - he'd be totally relaxed and dozing and then this squirming wiggling thing would crank up.  I guess something was twitching on the inside - but finally he fell sound asleep and didn't wake until 2:00 which means he went from 9:30 to 2:00 - 4 1/2 hours between feeding - and then he was sound asleep still when Ada woke - but I think he's just waked at 6:30 - so, still - he continues to have reasonable nights. 

I heard from my friend, Mary Mulloy, in Lilburn, GA.  She and I met when we were in Auburn.  Her life has been spent mostly in overseas missions - places like Papua New Guinea - Indonesia - I think the Phillippines - I also think I'm misspelling words - They have been at home a few times - but mostly far away.  She and her husband, Bob, and two children, Amy and Greg.  In the last 2 years they've been in the States, in Birmingham, actually - but this fall they moved to Lilburn, GA and are involved in ministry there - but I don't know enough about it to tell what they do - but I know that when she wrote me all about it it sounded fascinating to me - and something that my heart gets wrapped around.  There is a ministry there which serves folks coming out of those terrorized places in Africa where people have to escape for their lives and have seen such terror.  This ministry somehow helps them get acclamated to this country and culture and with the gospel as well.  So - if I get to visit her, then I'll write more about it.

The day  is beginning - Scott will need his laptop.

perhaps I'll post something different later -

No comments: