Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What Else Am I Thankful for?

Right now, the sound of the train - I'm in Evergreen - and as I typed the question I heard that train - ahhhhh...loud and now distant as it makes its way out of this small little town.  When I am in Scottsboro I hear the train - but it's always distant - but I still listen and savor the sound - I close my eyes and listen - and put myself in places I've been - not literal places - but moments in time  -

I'm thankful that I made this trip safely - and now pray for Sarah to arrive safely - she is traveling here from New Orleans.  She only left at 6:00 and it is now 6:51.  For her it's a 3 1/2 hour trip.

I'm thankful for a God who loves me - as I'm covered in the blood of Christ.  That's how He can see me.  I have on the righteousness of Christ - I'm so glad and so grateful.   I'm glad for the things that God has already shown me today.

I'm thankful on this day for the friends I've spoken with today - solid women who are so kind to me - and the ones I'm thinking of - they, too, love the Lord, oh, so much.  They understand real life - no strangers to troubles and woe - yet trust Him through it all and love Him foremost.

Gosh - there's so much - but I'm in Evergreen and really don't want to stay on the computer.

Let me go plunder in this old house.

No comments: