Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Afternoon and Eyes Are Heavy

I'm sitting down just for a second - but not for long.

I've been making some "good stuff" in the kitchen and remembered that I can't remember to get my camera from Ann.  Maybe I'll get it tonight.

While the last batch of the yummiest cupcakes ever (but not really cupcakes like you think of them) are baking, I told myself I could sit down just a bit.

For fun here are some images which illustrate the way my eyes and face feel.


Do you get the idea?

Okay - now I'm going to give you something.

The recipe for these cupcakes which are not really cake cupcakes, 
but not brownies - better than both, I think.....but they're called

Chocolate Cupcakes

4 squares semi-sweet chocolate
2 sticks butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups nuts

Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.  Mix flour and sugar with a spoon.  Add four eggs one at a time.  Stir as little as possible to mix.  Add melted butter and chocolate.  Add vanilla.  Stir in nuts.  Fill paper baking cups 2/3 full and place in muffin tins.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes (no longer).  Makes 24.

Let them cool down before peeling the paper and eating - or, heck, sacrifice one or two and eat them while they're hot, even though they will completely fall apart.  Still good. 

No comments: