Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Still Home and a Lot Is Going On....

but I don't think anyone would be interested.


Saturday we had our Ladies Fall Luncheon at our church.  The speaker was so dear and an incredible teacher of the word of God, applying it to a recent trial she and her family have walked through.  Much sniffling throughout the room - but that wasn't her intention - she has a beautiful heart - transformed by her Savior.  Her hope was to bring glory to Him - and I think she did.  She pointed us to Him.

Every post needs pictures - so here I'll put some up of Saturday's luncheon.....


Our very cheerful and gracious hostess committee - always pleasant.

visiting prior to the luncheon's beginning

Kendra, Ann's very close friend and speaker, and Ann


With their girls,
Ellie, Constance and Kennedy
(Ellie was not feeling good and it turned into a fever/cold/throat thing)

The scripture from which she taught:

Lamentations 3:17-24

My soul has been rejected from peace; I have forgotten happiness.
So I say, "My strength has perished, and so has my hope from the Lord."

Remember my affliction and my wandering,
the wormwood and bitterness.
Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me.

This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;  Great is Your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."

1 John 3: 1

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us,
that we would be called children of God; and such we are.
For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

and then came Sunday

I stayed home with Ellie who was sick - so no church this Sunday.
I need to remember to listen to Steve's message 

If you go there you scroll down to 
Current Sermon Series
click on that
and you will see the rest.

It's a whole series on Galatians.
Very good.

So - Monday - yesterday - I should have gorgeous pictures, but I don't.
Charlie, Mike and Mary Bratton and I drove up to Sewanee and Monteagle.
We had lunch at a deli in Sewanee and drove around the Monteagle Sunday School Assembly
which is beautiful and like stepping back into time.
It is the original unique home development.
Beautiful old homes which date back to the 1800's.  

It was all a delightful Monday - beautiful weather - beautiful leaves - delightful company and fellowship.

And that brings me up to date - and I have much to do on this gorgeous day.

No comments: