It is November, people!
It is the thankful season - and poultry and sage and cornbread and sweet potatoes and turkeys and horns of plenty and pilgrims - the list is endless.
What are you thankful for?
On this day - my thankful list is endless - but....
1. 4 healthy and eternally blessed daughters - they are redeemed. I will know them forever and ever and ever and ever. I know that not because I can name a date when they said a sentence or phrase which "got them in". I know it because of their love and the fruits of the Holy Spirit which is evident in their lives. They each have a passion for The Savior of our souls. Jesus Christ. They love Him and know their depravity apart from Him. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord.
2. My 5 grandchildren. Oh man! Wow! I love them. They are beyond cute and I think I might squeeze them to pieces - (ask Ellie, Luke and Andrew) I can't squeeze John and Ada enough - they are safe over in McDonough - but you need to visit Laura Beth's post and see what I'm talking about - scroll down and see her other posts, Ada the Ballerina and John the Baptized Baby, for insanely adorable pictures. Am I biased? Well.....never mind that. Just go to these posts.
3. My 2 sons-in-law. I never worry that they don't love their wives. I know they do. I also know that they have "hearing hearts" to hear God's voice and that He is directing their steps. Makes it easy to pray for them.
4. My husband Charlie - He never doesn't love me. He's always there. Like Superglue. No matter what I do, no matter what I "look like". He continues to think I'm beautiful - in spite of my pointing out to him that I am not! He doesn't believe me and he can't see it. Love is blind. and.....he loves Jesus very very very very very.......so on and so on....much. He hears Him - again - makes it easy to pray for him.
5. I'm thankful for my past. God has given me incredible safety and comfort throughout my life. Loving parents - loving family members besides the parents - safe and loving experiences - the only bad things in my life are due to my insanity and horrible choices. and then God's grace has lifted, and lifts, me up out of the miry clay -
Let me just save all my thankfuls for the next post. What are you thankful for?