Friday, May 7, 2010

While I Cut Grass

Tucked away in Psalm 36 - which begins with a lament- about the wicked person - 


the psalmist turns to praise and he says this which I find mysterious and wonderful, yet I don't fully grasp it - but I want to - 


"The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
 They feast on the abundance of Your house
      and 
 You give them drink from the river of Your delights."


That - "You give them drink from the river of Your delights"


I think that while I cut grass I'll ask God to open it up to me and for my heart and mind to absorb the truth of it.


I mean, I can say I know what it means - that's easy to say - but do I live like I know what it means?  Do I respond to adversity like I believe He gives me drink from the river of His delights?  Do I respond to adversity  as if I'm in the refuge of the shadow of His wings.
Do I feast on the abundance of His house?  I assume that means the abundance of His kingdom - that eternal life that I am a citizen of - where I dwell - since I am an alien here - in this world of broken places and circumstances.  He has blessed me in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. Ephesians 1:3  His children, me, feast on the abundance of His house.  His children are given drink, by Him, from the river of His delights.  


For with God, for with You, is the fountain of life; 
in Your light do we see light. Psalm 36: 9


am I in a dark place?  In His light I can see light.
He gives me drink from the river of His delights.

1 comment:

linda said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment on my blog.
I have only been doing this for a few weeks, so what you saw is it so far.
I've read some of yours and enjoy your words.
Come back to visit soon!