Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Week

I've done the math and this has been my Three Thousand and Fifty Fifth week in this world.  I think I figured that correctly.

New years break down into new months, into new weeks, into new days.

How is each day spent?

To whom does it belong?

Is it my life?  I probably live as if it is, most of the time.  I wish that I didn't.  I say it belongs to Him - to my Creator, Savior, Redeemer - Lover of my soul - Father, God, Sustainer, Provider, Healer of my mind and heart and body -

I have a piece of card stock on which I've typed Hebrews 10:19-24.  I use it as a bookmark for now - because I've been reading over and over in Judges - since Steve is teaching out of Judges right now.  I moved from Judges into Kings - it's all so much of the history of Israel - and of course a picture of God's story, how He always had in mind arriving at that point in history when Jesus came into our world of flesh - He came in the flesh - God in the flesh coming to us to redeem us.  There's so much about the holiness of God, The Ark of the Covenant and don't touch it and the building of the temple and the Holy of Holies and no one entering in but the great High Priest and even with that - all the rituals for him to be clean to enter and woe unto him if he didn't do it right.

And through Judges and Kings - it covers generations of men - and it all moves so quickly - like my 3,055 weeks have moved so quickly.  And for some they walked by faith with God - and for some they didn't.  Some leaned on Him - others thought they had a better way of doing things.  Some trusted the wisdom of God even when they didn't understand it - others compromised in small ways which always led to compromises in big ways.  I want daily to hear Him and not compromise.

Hebrews 10:19-24

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, His body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

I have the confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus.  I can draw near to God with a sincere heart - I am sprinkled to cleanse me and my body is washed with pure water.

It's hard to grasp all of that - I've never lived a life under the old covenant as the Hebrews did - the Israelites.  I think I'll read Hebrews after I read 1st and 2nd Kings.  
 

No comments: