Friday, May 28, 2010

Need for a New Post

It drives me nuts when I don't have a new post up - and the same one keeps showing up.

But I don't have anything to post about, not really.

I've been cleaning upstairs because Joy and Ben and Brennan and Knox Finch will be staying overnight at our house tomorrow(Saturday) night.  I'm giving them the same two rooms I give the Moores when they are here.  When I clean, I think.  I think and think and think.  About random things.  My thought process is all over the map.

First.  The saga continues.  I don't like housecleaning.  I don't like it.  I'm very slow with it because I'm so easily distracted.  Like now, for instance.  I just came down to, um - I can't remember why I came downstairs - but here I am at my laptop.  Posting.

Then, if I go in the closets I run across old books, pictures - and there I go - looking.

But this is something I know.  If ever I can do to my house what I want to do - well, I would love to have real doors.  Not those hollow fake things that I have.  I probably will go to my grave with the hollow fake version - but oh well.  I thought of all of that as I was dusting the little crevices of the doors - or the recessed areas.  Do you know what I mean?  I hate doing that, but I hate seeing the dust that settles there.

What else did I think of?

Well, when I'm cleaning the bathroom, which is too small - but - I think of those years when all four of my girls shared that bathroom - all the fights and laughing and crying and yelling and getting hair done and baths - and in those days there was a lot of hairspray used.  It would get all over the walls.  and the surfaces.  Now it's so different - but they still explode their cosmetic and hair things all over it when they are here - Kate's here now.  Sarah just left recently.

And then I have to pick up those little framed verses I have everywhere and the framed quotes - to dust them.  But I still like the ones I have - and my favorite is from the book WE WOULD SEE JESUS  by Roy and Revel Hession.  That is a book I "cut my spiritual teeth on" when I was first rescued from the kingdom of darkness - and brought into the kingdom of light -  So the quote is:

"GRACE PERMITS US TO COME (NAY, DEMANDS THAT WE COME) AS EMPTY SINNERS TO BE BLESSED, EMPTY OF RIGHT FEELINGS, GOOD CHARACTER, AND SATISFACTORY RECORD, WITH NOTHING TO COMMEND OURSELVES BUT OUR DEEP NEED, FULLY AND FRANKLY ACKNOWLEDGED."

I recommend that book - but in the present I recommend a book that Kate got at her recent RUF conference.  It's by Tim Keller.  COUNTERFEIT GODS.  I picked it up the other night after she'd gone to bed and got halfway through it.  But she's had it since then & I want to finish it.  So good.

Okay - have to finish.  I'm almost done but then there's downstairs and I have to also get those dust bunnies that are all over my long staircase.

At least I replaced the last post.

No comments: