Friday, December 4, 2009

Merry Christmas Season on Friday


I didn't post yesterday and now it's Friday. My intentions were to spread a little Christmas Cheer each day of the season - up until Christmas Day - and then we can work our way through the January gray days and cold days.

Yesterday I began a new project - making stockings for Laura Beth. If you read her post regarding Garland and Stockings - well - I researched that and now am attempting to put them together myself. I am enjoying it all and will take pictures and will post them.

Here I am in my bedroom, at my computer, to check in on this Friday, December 4, but behind me sits the machine I will use - it's actually Laura Beth's sewing machine and it's here for me to "get to know", so then I can get Laura Beth familiar with it. So far, all I've done with it is sew a Halloween apron. Now I assemble her stockings. Up to this point it's all been hand sewing.

Have a merry merry Friday. I have coffee perking on top of my stove. Loving the smell of it and the sound of it. It reminds me of Mother - before I ever left that paradise called 305 Williams Avenue - before "Mr. Coffee" and all the different coffee makers. I was a teenager, already enjoying black coffee - Christmas with Mother and Daddy - so safe and so simple. Or so it seemed to me.

No comments: