Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This Hymn Was on My Mind

Oh,
for a thousand tongues to sing

My Great Redeemer's Praise,
The Glories of my God and King,
The Triumphs of His Grace!

My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim, to spread through all the earth abroad, the honors of Thy Name.

Jesus - the name that charms our fears, that bids our sorrows cease.
It is music in the sinner's ears.
It is life and health and peace.

He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free.
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.


I'm still cleaning - and was wiping down my kitchen counters and this hymn got in my head - and for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of it. I can't believe I couldn't think of the name of it.  I only sung it 10 kazillion times in church, growing up.   I was on the two verses which begin with "Jesus, the name that charms our fears" , followed by "He breaks the power of cancelled sin". 

I love that truth.

He not only cancels our sin, He also breaks the power of it in our lives. 

Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise!

No comments: