Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday, Not Snowed or Iced In, and John Moore Threatening to Be Born

Last Night...

Laura Beth called concerned that we were all iced in or snowed in. I told her we were not - and then, I asked why -

Her body continues to try to be in labor - I think she is in labor. - hers is just not the typical way - and even last night she gave me a name for her "type" of labor - it has a name - Ann told her about it, she googled it - and it describes her perfectly.

In this household, last night, the two phones were by my bed, ready to be answered - in case Scott and Laura Beth were off the hospital.

6:00 woke me and I knew I hadn't heard from McDonough.

So - cold Saturday - and back out to the Studio - and probably doing some packing because I think this whole thing could "go down" at anytime.

It's like the Little Engine that Could. Chuggin up that hill, slowly, slowly....

"Then she said, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." And she hitched herself to the little train.

She tugged and pulled and pulled and tugged and slowly, slowly, slowly they started off..

Puff, puff, chug, chug, went the Little Blue Engine. "I think I can - I think I can - I think I can - I think I can - I think I can -

Up, up, up. Faster and faster and faster and faster the little engine climbed, until at last they reached the top of the mountain.

Down in the valley lay the city. "Hurray, hurray," cried the funny little clown and all the dolls and toys.

And so it will be with Laura Beth's body which seems to be saying this week, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can", and before we know it her system will have reached that hilltop and boom - we will be high tailing it to Atlanta - and Ada, for one, will be saying, "Hurray, hurray!" because that's what she says, anyway, but we will all be saying "Hurray!"

No comments: