Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 14 to February 15.

Ohhh.  gotta get off the Valentine's Theme.  When it's over it's over.  Sugar and Red and Pink and some other stuff to offset it.

As in last night.  I prepared Pork Marsala - recipe given to me by my good friend, Sue.

With it I had polenta, for the Marsala Gravy - and tender crisp green beans.  Yum.  Charlie made a salad.  We had oatmeal bread w/butter - and Mike and Mary to share it with us.  Good end to a good Valentine's Day.  Good food and good friends. Oh! and for dessert?  This:  Go to this link:  THIS LINK

She calls it icebox dessert and I didn't get the idea from this post - my mother made this dessert when I was a little girl.  I think a lot of moms made it in the fifties.  It came off the box of Nabisco Chocolate Wafers - now called Famous Nabisco Chocolate Wafers.  They are hard to find but I have discovered a source - rather than order them off of Amazon.com.  True.  They are so demanded that Amazon.com sells them by the case.  I get them at Publix in Hampton Cove. Not in the cookie section but in the ice cream topping section.  go figure.  Also - if they are so popular, then why so hard to find?  Don't know that answer.

Today is Kate's birthday.  My youngest child is 23.  Gasp.  
I thought about her early this morning when I got up so early.  23 years ago I got up very very early for my scheduled C-Section.  In the wee hours - to be at Huntsville Hospital.  I remember that Ann, who was 7, came and crawled into bed with Charlie and me before I even got out of bed.  She needed some encouragement that all was going to be okay.  She told me she was nervous.  I couldn't believe she was awake.  I think it was about 4 in the morning.

All was very okay.  Kate was a very very healthy beautiful newborn and it was heavenly to have that fourth child in my arms.  The following is copied and pasted here, directly from her most recent blog post, on February 13, 2011.  Go here or just read below

Lord, help me to glorify thee; I am poor; help me to glorify thee by contentment; I am sick; help me to give thee honour by patience; I have talents; help me to extol thee by spending them for thee; I have time; Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve thee; I have a heart to feel; Lord, let that heart feel no love but thine, and glow with no flame but affection for thee; I have a head to think; Lord, help me to think of thee and for thee; thou hast put me in this world for something; Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose: I cannot do much; but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into thy treasury; I am all thine; take me, and enable me to glorify thee now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have.
-Spurgeon
Ahhhhh - what more could any of us ask?
Happy Birthday, Kate.  I love you.

No comments: