Sunday, February 13, 2011

Except for Church

I think I've been in the kitchen all day until 7:13 p.m.
but the memories we've made - they're priceless.

Although - at one point - well - Ann and I were working hard to "enjoy the moment".

Wow.

In the midst of the event,  I heard her voice, speaking to Ellie and Luke, as they "cut out cookies", and, well, she sounded like me in those days and I thought, "Oh my gosh, she's become her mother!".  Making memories can get a little stressful, especially if one is five months pregnant.  whoa.  How do you spell exhausted?  M-A-K-E-C-O-O-K-I-E-S-W-I-T-H-T-H-R-E-E-C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N-5-A-N-D-U-N-D-E-R

We did the usual Sunday lunch - that's one thing.  Clean the dishes from lunch - Charlie was a big player in that.  I started doing them - but two phone calls from out of town daughters compelled him to take over the dishes.  He did them - with Ann assisting.

But both Ann and I were determined to finish our V Projects.

I completed my Peppermint Patties and Ann brought her cookie dough to my house  to make V Cookies with the kids.

She'll be posting about that on her blog - http://annrbarber.blogspot.com/

So - I won't do the photos about that ( just a few, though - the ones I don't think she would care to post).

Steve and Charlie both left for a meeting at 4:30 pm so it was Ann, children and myself here doing V cookies and the weather was milder and little bits played outside in between making cookies and decorating them.

All in all, I think we all enjoyed it - still - adults get a bit , ummmm, tired? stressed?  The children were adorable - although a bit hyper at times - if the adults could just get with the program.

Pictures

melting my chocolate for dipping



 They're done and delicious.  All agreed.   
Here's the problem.  They taste JUST LIKE store purchased peppermint patties.
So why not just buy some and eat them?
I probably won't make them again.  I'll just buy some if I want to give them away or eat them.


the kids decorating


Some ate rather than decorated.


but between baking and decorating, with milder temps, we sent them outside and they LOVED it!


Ellie being funny and silly for the camera


hints of life under these cold, wet grounds


aerial view of the mess


and this one?
a broken heart.
awwwww.
dedicated to all the broken hearts who are still beautiful and yummy.



No comments: