Thursday, December 4, 2008

Remember that I wrote about taking Luke with me to Huntsville on Tuesday? I went out to Ann's house at 8:00 to hang some pictures and a mirror for her - before Luke and I needed to leave at 8:30 - This is Luke posing for me in front of Ann's tree - Ann tells me she is transitioning from "Decorator Tree" to "Tree with Small Children in the Home". She wants to go to the more traditional look - and Ellie helped with an assortment of items placed under the tree.



The next picture is Ellie on the floor, disgruntled because she knows Luke and I are doing something together and she is returning to preschool for the first time since she was so sick.

Ellie on the floor - but the outfit is Christmasy and she had very cute pigtails in her hair

So, Luke and I went to Huntsville that Tuesday - and he was very very cute - and said so many cute things. You'd have to know Luke. He has the sweetest spirit and is very cooperative. He's not uptight, normally. He's good to go, with the flow. He has his moments, since he, like the rest of us, has a fallen nature. But his temperament is so easy and workable. He asked a lot of questions over and over - during the car ride, and while we were in Huntsville - We went to the Mall - he loves the elevator, the escalator, and the coin operated Big Truck. We did all of that and ate Chicken Nuggets in the food court. We did all of it, the whole day, in veeerrrryyy slooooowwwww mooootttiooonnn. Small steps, tiny bites, questions repeated, my answers repeated with a question mark.

Example:
Where are we going Near?
To Huntsville, to get my haircut.
To Huntsville, to get your haircut?
Yes.
Okay.

We did that exchange quite a bit before we actually got to Artisan's where I get my haircut.

When Luke is with me and quiet for a long time, I worry that he is bored, stuck with his "old grandmother". He loves being with the men in his life, so much - Steve #1 - and Charlie, for now, #2. Last night at the banquet he was all up in Wayne's arms and he was loving that.
So anyway, when he's quiet for a long time I'll break the silence by saying,

"Hey Luke"
"Hey Near"
"I Love You"
"Love you"


That is so precious and I know one day he'll be an older little boy, and then a teenager, and then a man - not to mention how much older I'll be. I know because I blinked and my girls weren't little girls anymore.
So, I savor these small moments when we have those simple conversations. It's the best thing there is.....besides being with Ellie and Ada.....and now Andrew is growing, growing. Can't wait to see him - and all the others, Lord willing.


Okay, so now below are pictures of our decorated church for the banquet; closeups of the tables









Lisa Smith and Mary Bratton winding down after Mary finished the final table.














Ellie, Lily Grace and Gregory.

Charlie.

Folks Seated.

After Wayne spoke.
Mingling.


Beginning to Leave.
And then we all had to clean up and turn the room back to its original state.
and now...I have to go back to the church and get my dishes and things.
I was too tired to do all of that last night.
Then I'll concentrate on my house for Christmas - oh, and making a Tree Skirt for Ann
and an apron for Ellie.
Did I mention or write that the banquet was great and fun and that Wayne, Steve's Dad was so good - it was so great to have him and Diana there for this new church and our early beginnings - and to see the relationship between him and Steve and all that it means?
It was all so much fun to see and watch and to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you all had a wonderful time! How did you organize this? I would love to do this next year at our church. Sometime when you have a free moment, you'll have to tell me how to do that. Anyway, so glad all of you were together last night. Wish I was there too! Sending love and hugs, Steph

Hollen said...

Everything looked soooo pretty on those tables! I am so glad the Luke finally warmed up to "Poppy" LOL For a little whil he seemed scared of him!! LOL Was he still really sick when you all saw him? Miss and love you all!
Hollen

Laura Forman said...

so, does the mean that ann and steve are naming their newest addition andrew?