Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gentle on Wednesday

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.
G A L A T I A N S 5 : 2 2 & 2 3

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
G A L A T I A N S 5 : 2 4

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect,
1 P E T E R 3 : 1 5

Here's the thing - you ought to see what surrounds verse 15 in 1 Peter 3.  He's answering believers who have been insulted, who  fear the possibility and probability of hostile people attempting to harm them because of their faith.  Besides telling them to respond with gentleness, he also tells them not to be frightened and to also keep a clear conscience.  


And

in

1 T I M O T H Y 6 : 1 1

Paul tells Timothy to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

instead of

the love and eagerness of and for more and more money.

He tells Timothy that God likeness, or Godliness, with contentment is great gain.

I guess I'll stop my gentle word search.

and I'll talk about other things now.

in the next posts.

Charlie and I are driving to Winston Salem tomorrow.  To see Kate.

1 comment:

Rose said...

thanks for the scriptures. we must never forget them. rose