Monday, December 6, 2010

Yesterday was

the second Sunday in this Advent season - 


I have other things to post - but in this second week I found this wonderful prayer from The Valley of Vision - I found it through Laura Beth's blogpost for today.  It's at the beginning of a book she and Scott are reading together at night to celebrate the season.  


O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds,
and enlarge my mind;
Let me hear good tidings of great joy, and in hearing,
believe, rejoice, praise, adore,
my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose, my eyes
uplifted to a reconciled Father;
place me with ox, ass, camel, goat, to look with 
them upon my Redeemer's face, and in Him
account myself delivered from sin;
let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child to my
heart,
embrace Him with undying faith,
exulting that He is mine and I am His.
In Him thou has given me so much that heaven can
give no more.



No comments: