Monday, August 23, 2010

It Seems So Long Since My Last Post

This is Monday.

A lot happened in our family since Friday.  But I'll let Ann post about that on her blog .  She hasn't actually posted anything new, but just keep checking and she will.

Aside from that,

Ellie, Luke, and Andrew spent Friday night with Charlie and me.

I had found a project  - an art project - titled, Build Your Own Cupcake.  I've wanted to send the reader to this place, but it's not all working out.  I will just show pictures -




I found this through Laura Beth's blog - I think - but neither she nor I can figure out how I got there from her blog.  Anyway - the blog is, well, it starts with an etsy shop - go here  This shop owner has a blog on which she has freebies and on freebies she has kids projects and she lets you download this project as a pdf file, whatever that means, and it comes up on your computer and you print it out on cardstock - and you've got a fun art project for kids and adults.

Okay - let me just say that Luke appeared as excited about it as Ellie - but he couldn't carry it off - I mean - he made a cupcake, but it was in such "boy style" - hard to explain.  I don't know if it's because he is a boy or if it's that he doesn't have the art gene.  Ellie is eaten up with the art gene.  She did this project all afternoon and into the evening.  I was having to draw new decorations for it - extra cupcakes and cupcake liners.  More candles.  She LOVED it.  I had no idea it would be such a hit.  

For Luke's sake I fried chicken nuggets.  I had thawed two chicken breasts and cut the meat off and into cubes.  I fried those and frozen fries.  and made mac and cheese out of a box.  It was also for Andrew who doesn't have a huge appetite and the fam is trying to fatten him up.  He loves french fries.  I did those for him.  Ellie has a great appetite.  She'll eat almost anything.  All of that was plenty for Charlie to have nuggets and the two breast bones with meat still on them, fried.  Charlie loves, loves, love good fried chicken.  He was so excited.  So - there was our Friday night.

Woke up - had Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls - the refrigerator kind - for their breakfast.  Luke was practically twirling he was so excited about those.  Isn't it funny?  Grandmothers can do 100% junk food all along.  Fried dinner - boxed mac and cheese - white flour cinnamon rolls - the kids loved it.  That's why Grandmothers are so popular.  They can get away with this stuff and make the grandchildren so happy.  Moms have to maintain nutrition.  Don't they?  And it's so hard to do that and see happy faces.

Crow Mtn.  First trip on Saturday.  Ann, kids and I went.  It's Apple Season!  

Joy Baldwin, if you're reading this, you should travel down for a trip to Crow Mtn.  Meet your mom here.  We should get Yonea in on it.  She loved Crow Mtn.

And then Sunday, and now Monday.

Happy Monday.




2 comments:

Hollen said...

I am praying for you all. :( Glad that Ellie, Luke, and Andrew had a great time at your house! That sounds like fun. :) I went to my Nana and Poppy's house last night with my mom and watched a movie with Poppy! Grandparents are the best. ;) Miss y'all!
Hollen

joy said...

oh my!! my sons LOVE LOVE LOVE apples..our next door neighbor has an apple tree and every time we walk outside brennan asks to go pick one..he would be OVERJOYED at Crow Mtn!! Great idea..count me in!