Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Dear, Ann and Laura Beth Tagged Me




I don't do these things well. I'm supposed to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself, plus tag 7 more people to do the same thing.




Well, I don't know 7 people who blog other than Ann and Laura Beth's friends, and they've already tagged them. So, I think I will invite anyone who reads my blog to either begin a blog so you can do this - or just post a comment on mine - with your 7 random/weird facts.


1. I eat in multiples. Well, I snack in multiples. Either in 2's, 3's, 5's, or 10's. Or, if it's in portions, as in servings during a meal and dessert, it's 1 1/2. I try to start with a small first portion because I very much want to go back for seconds. So it's 1/2 of the first small whole portion. Back to my snacking. If it's M&Ms I start with 2, then probably add 3 more. Try not to go over 10, but if I do, it's usally 5 more, then another 5. By now I'm at 20 and decide that should be enough. If that's not enough, well, I'm out of control. :-) I need to drink some coffee or beverage to stop the bleeding. :-) Potato chips are usually eaten in 10's. I also look for the ones that are curled over. Who doesn't love a new bag. They have the most curled over ones. Crackers are eaten in 4's or 5's or 6's. I know that, officially, 6 crackers are equivalent to a slice of bread. So, I start with 4, then if need be I add 1 more, then if it really needs to be, I add one more. Then my brain registers that I've just eaten one slice of bread. There are all kinds of weird rules like that that I've made for myself. Those are just a smidgen of them.

2. I have had 4 c-sections, and I am not glad. I regret not experiencing childbirth the regular way, but I don't have hangups about it. I loved being in the delivery room with Ann and Laura Beth and seeing that miracle. That was a first for me. Never had experienced it. It's unbelievable. I also had planned to deliver with no medication. Go figure! Originally I even wanted to deliver in a tub of water and with dim lights. I'm big into all the natural stuff. Always have been. I've seen 2 of my daughters deliver with epidurals. I highly recommend that. Can't imagine delivering without an epidural. ugh. I applaud the whole epidural thing now. And it doesn't hurt. It only helps. except in very very rare cases. I say, "GET AN EPIDURAL". Since I didn't have an epidural for the first delivery, I had to be put to sleep for that first C-Section but was awake, via epidural, for the next 3 C-Sections. I was 29 when my first baby was born and 36 when my 4th baby was born. One other regret: I wanted 6 children. Always did. Still wish I had the other 2.

3. I've had 2 phobias in my lifetime - almost dibilitating - which is what makes it a phobia - right? ONE: Frogs TWO: Throwing Up. I'm pretty much "healed" of the second one. I can only say that I'm a lot better with the Frog fear, but not much. I'll say this about phobias and fears - they are a prison and I have prayed a lot about it. I don't care to "own" them, not at all. The frog thing is really bad. I have frog radar and always have my detectors up and running. Lizards and snakes are a close second but they are not the phobia that frogs are.

4. I played the drums in high school, but that isn't news anymore. I was a majorette for one year. That isn't news either.

5. I love, love, love being outside in my yard. It feels like when I was a kid, playing outside. That's what I love about working in my yard - but the frog thing is a problem - I used to not have them, but the frog community is beginning to discover that my yard is rather userfriendly. ugh. Mostly the green tree frogs - freaks me out. And I love for my backporch to be clean and I can sit out there. The weather can't be too cold or I won't enjoy it. Spring and Fall are the best.

6. I began college at Huntingdon College in Montgomery, AL. My major was Art. Then I transferred to Auburn University and majored in Graphic Design. I got a BFA from there. I should have majored in Fine Arts but didn't. Big regret. My paternal grandmother studied art and music at Judson College. My paternal grandfather studied law, but also went to New York to study art. My Daddy's oldest brother studied accounting at U. of AL but also studied Art in New York - at the New York Academy of Art. My Daddy's second oldest brother majored in Landscape Architecture at Auburn. And Daddy was a musician, graduating from Northwestern University after having studied at the Birmingham Conservatory of Music, B'ham, AL. Point being: the art thing is huge in my genetics - I always say that I didn't get enough talent to make me successful, just enough to make me crazy. And I am sufficiently "wacky", most of the time. :-)
I didn't get the music gene. Sad. Mary Ann got that. I just got a very loud voice which probably gets on peoples' nerves. It would mine.
7. Final Fact: It is nearly impossible for me to answer any question or survey in just a few words - with just one line. Number 4 ended up short, but I've already posted on my blog about that stuff. There's nothing left to say. I'm very wordy with long stories - it can scare people off. Which the blog thing is nice. I can tell my stories and pretend someone is listening. I never have to feel the rejection of someone tuning me out. :-)
Whom do I tag? If you're reading this and haven't been tagged, post a comment with 7 random or little known facts about yourself - Puh-leeeeeze!?



4 comments:

LB said...

thanks for playing along:) And glad you are making the pot pie. I LOVE it. It is ultimate comfort to me.

By the way, I had no idea that many people in our family had studied art...no wonder we are all so right brained. We are drowning in Right Brained people.

By the way, most of the Christmas gifts fell through. Sad. We are still getting one of the toys, but not all three. Oh well, we still have a while until Christmas. It is going to be hard for me to not just let Ada go ahead and play with the toy:)

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

Yes mam..I teach in Enterprise too..we have lived here for 3 years..where did your sister teach? Glad you enjoy blogging..can't get my mom to catch on! LOL

Hollen said...

Hi! Those are cool. Ok, you tagged me so I suppose that I will try to do this. LOL
1. I HATE spiders...but I think that they are kind of cool because of how tiny they are and what a big job they do!
2. I get REALLY nerovous when I have to sing or speak in front of someone but not as much when I'm singing as when I am speaking. Go figure...
3. I used to like hot dogs then I HATED them and now I kind of like them again.
4. I hate movies where things are constantly popping out at you but I kind of like them at the same time because I like suspense...please don't ask me why.
5. I LOVE murder mystery shows (like Murder She Wrote) but I am always scared that someone is going to come kidnap me or something...LOL
6. I love to fly in planes but am always afraid that someone is going to get air sick (because...well that will be my next and last weird thing) and I can't think about crashing. :)
7. Last one- I CAN'T STAND someone getting sick! LOL It makes me really really creep out....don't ask why because I won't be able to answer. Like, seriously if someone says they are going to throw up I'm like, "AHH! See ya later!" LOL I think part of it is that I am a germ freak...I can't stand thinking that I might get sick..LOL

Well, there are my seven things. :) I think it is funny that you are scared of frogs...for some reason I can see you cornered by a little green tree frog...LOLLOL
HOLLEN

joy said...

I love you Mrs Elizabeth!!! you ar such a fun writer..i should comment more, but for the moment i'll just say that i REALLy enjoy the music on your blog! I feel as though it TRULY expresses you..its like puting you to music!! Ha! Oh, I'm with you on the frog thing!! I'd rather see a snake!