Monday, September 14, 2009

September post.

It's Monday.

The day was wet, this morning, looking through the kitchen windows enroute to the coffeemaker. Assuming there would be no grass cutting, my mind thought of other ways to spend this Monday - so many projects - which did cross my mind in the night when suffering a bit of insomnia. That kind of thinking only led to stress - better spend those insomia minutes, sometimes hours, praying for people who need prayer - especially the persecuted believers throughout parts of Europe and Asia - that's another post - perhaps its own blog.

So - Charlie reminded me that Kate needed money in her account - also asked me to google a shoe repair place in Huntsville - there's got to be someone who still repairs shoes. Another task - to take care of the 50.00 rebate card sent to us by Verizon - there were a few gliches surrounding the cashing of it. Charlie was off to Grand Jury and I was left to be a good steward of my Monday. Yipes.

Rain, more rain - not wanting to leave the house - but finally I dressed and did a bit of makeup and I actually drove off to assume the responsibilites which might seem trivial to most adult females.

This post is about September. The sky quit pouring rain on Scottsbor0 - the ground became reasonably dry - the lawn mower had plenty of gasoline - so at 6:25 - the grass is cut - and memories and smells and feelings ran through my mind as I cut around the trees whose leaves are falling, leaving those leafy patches to cut through - The air smells dry and fallish. My dear hydrangea bushes are making their best effort to show me a few more blooms - here in September. Bless them. I appreciate the effort, but in a whisper let me say that those September blooms are no comparison to the early summer blooms - still - I love the pinks and lavenders of the petals belonging to the midseason mopheads which are drying up - and their late new and fresh blooms are a grand last hurrah - such a noble effort to remind me that summer 2010 will be here - the seasons, at least, they continue.

My thoughts, of course, went to childhood and Williams Avenue. The smell of burning leaves. That is how many dealt with those piles of pecan leaves - but not until November, actually. November is the ripe month for pecans. The rains and the shaking of the limbs and the pecans fall and we gathered them for Christmas money. Loved it. Still, September. School beginning - homework - playing outside with friends after school. Days getting shorter. Changes. But...Mother and Daddy ever there - always there - no change in that - and Mary Ann by my side, always at home in the evening when I was - sharing the room - and the TV and our side of the family table. Probably she'd be playing the piano before dinner or after. And Daddy tweaking any wrong note or questions regarding rhythm.

It's mid September now. Elizabeth must get things in order for Fall and Thanksgiving, to be followed by Christmas. All the holidays - and family coming in - clean sheets - surfaces dusted - good food -

and must close - Charlie is coming in the back door.

No comments: