Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Guess what? I don't have time to post because I need to go vote!



In Christ, Our Liberty

We bind ourselves in freedom's chains; The cross has set us free.
God's anvil forged each link with love, In Christ, our liberty.

Tho' creeds and laws imposed by pow'r May mock equality,
Our trust in Christ and Christ alone Will keep our spirits free.

We have no need of priest or king To intercede for souls;
To live for Christ our covenant, To die to self our goal.

His call to us is servanthood, Not false humility.
Until we die to love of self, We are not truly free.

Now free in Christ it's time to stand, It's time to stand and cry
That freedom will not live beyond Our willingness to die.


God told his chosen people, when they were exiled:

"Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper." Jeremiah 29:7


Abraham Lincoln's address, at the Great Western Depot in Springfield, Illinois, to his community of friends, after he was elected President and was leaving for Washington, D.C., February 11, 1861:

"My friends, no one, not in my situation, can appreciate my feeling of sadness at this parting. To this place, and the kindness of these people, I owe everything. Here I have lived a quarter of a century, and have passed from a young to an old man. Here my children have been born, and one is buried. I now leave, not knowing when, or whether ever, I may return, with a task before me greater than that which rested upon Washington. Without the assistance of the Divine Being who ever attended him, I cannot succeed. With that assistance I cannot fail. Trusting in Him who can go with me, and remain with you, and be everywhere for good, let us confidently hope that all will yet be well. To His care commending you, as I hope in your prayers you will commend me, I bid you an affectionate farewell."

No comments: