Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CRAZY DAYS

Monday morning, MY plans were to get up early, shower and dress, and beat the crowd at Wal-Mart - get the remaining Thanksgiving groceries - and return home - afternoon involved final prep for Thanksgiving guests. I was ON SCHEDULE - with keys in hand, I called Ann to check on Ellie - Not Good - I offered to ride with her to the doctor in H'ville - Monday is Luke's day with his Daddy. Ann wanted me to go - we did - and after a very crazy day in H'ville with cold wet wet wet rain - and in and out of the car - doctor's office, imaging center, pharmacy, burger king, doctor's office, pharmacy, doctor's office - we ended up checking Ellie into the hospital with pneumonia. WOW.


Steve and Ann stayed last night with her, but Ann's plans were to stay with her alone tonight.
YAY! She was released! Home Again!



Now we're back to Thanksgiving. Regroup. Charlie comes tomorrow with his mom.
My sister comes tomorrow, with a casserole for dinner.
Laura Beth, Scott and Ada come tomorrow night after Scott gets off work.
So - house isn't up to par for the moment.
So glad for everyone to be safe for now -
So thankful for Ellie to be her funny little self again - well - not totally - but it shows up every once in a while. She had a great moment this afternoon and made me laugh.
She is still very tired and weak, but improving so much.
I think about all the families and children who don't have the best gift of life and health.
I pray God gives them incredible grace to endure that heartache.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Will post with pictures probably on Friday.

1 comment:

Hollen said...

Wow, she has been so sick! I am so glad that she is home...oh such a cute little face even when she is in the hospital! :)
Hollen