Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009 Part II

Want to share this quote that my sister, Mary Ann, sent me. It's actually from a hymn in the "old" Methodist Hymnal. It was written by Nicolaus von Zinzendorf and translated by John Wesley.

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness my beauty are,
my glorious dress;
Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.
What am I wearing? How do I feel about my appearance? Where are my priorities? Assuming my head is bowed low in awe of His reality and in awe of being covered in His blood and righteousness, misdst flaming worlds, arrayed in His blood and righteousness, WITH JOY shall I lift up my head.
Thanks Mary Ann and had to share this on my blog.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Yay! I'm so glad you shared the verse from the hymn. I now have it printed and stuck to my refrig. door with a magnet. I just love those words so much.

Mary Ann