Saturday, February 14, 2009

SATURDAY

quick post. just to get the other one off the leading spot.


I was all in that Troy mentality, but life is so real and so active and so present.

I went with Ann, yesterday, for her week and one half checkup with Andrew.

The pediatrician for Ellie, Luke, and Andrew is Mike Powell who was the pediatrician for my girls. He is an old college friend of Charlie. He actually is the one who shared the gospel with Charlie and Charlie was "born again". He is the one who threw the life preserver out to Charlie. I like to think of it like that. Who threw it out to you? if you're reading this....and if noone did - well - I will - just comment and I'll share the gospel with you. It is life changing and gives you life!!!

Back to checkup. Andrew weighed 7lb 2 oz at birth - lost those few ounces in the hospital - and went home weighing 6lb. something oz. Yesterday he weighed 8 lb. 12 oz. It shows in his tummy. Instead of a "beer gut", he has a "breast milk gut". awwww. He loves to nurse. Yay! That's what moms are looking for when they choose to nurse their babies - but don't always get it. Fortunately for me, all four of mine were that way. LOVED IT!! And the milk was flowing like a fountain. When I took Laura Beth for her first checkup, the doctor said, "her weight gain is spectacular". Those were his words, exactly. She did love to nurse, and spit up sooooo much - what they now call reflux, and she had it to the max. I'm still talking about it. Anyway, inspite of the milk she lost, she continued to gain and be a very round baby.

Ann and I made 2 stops in H'ville and hightailed it home. Steve and Charlie had shared shifts, keeping Ellie and Luke. Returned to S'boro and naps and in the end........Ellie and Luke stayed with Charlie and me. We did a Friday night Triple R outing. Live music!!! It was so very very Jackson County. Love it. Saw folks. Then a run to Wal-Mart - and home. That is Friday night in Scottsboro. Ellie and Luke were spending the night with us. We did baths, dessert, and then bedtime. I slept with Ellie. Luke went down on his own. But later, Charlie slept with Luke.

Saturday. We had them until naps and here I am.

Okay..........What was I saying about Troy and all those old memories??? I can't remember.

Just staying with the present time.

1 comment:

Hollen said...

How cool! Too cute about sleeping with Ellie...and then Charlie sleeping with Luke later. LOL
Hollen