Monday, January 5, 2009

ALREADY JANUARY 5 ?

2009 is not slowing down for me.


We have some pretty big family events the first 5 months of 2009, but it doesn't stop there. Andrew Bailey Barber will be born either the end of January or the beginning of February. My sister and I are planning a luncheon, in March, in her home for a cousin who is getting married in April. Charlie's niece is getting married Easter weekend in April and the following weekend my cousin is getting married. Ellie will be a flower girl in my cousin's wedding.
May marks the end of another Auburn semester. Moving Kate out of her house and into storage. After that comes summer and Kate will either be coming home or going to China on a mission trip. Sarah will be coming home for the summer.In the fall, there is the return to school - moving the girls in and out of places - and Sarah will graduate in December. Laura Beth hopes to be pregnant during a large part of 2009.

And then, there are all the things we don't even know about.

Well - that all is neither here nor there - because of the living hope

I have in Jesus Christ!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

So - whatever each day holds for me, in 2009, whether it be valleys or mountaintops, laughter or tears, joy or sorrow, more money or less money, failures or successes, pain or comfort, illness or health, all of it comes to me so that my faith - of greater worth than gold - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Though I have not seen Him, I love Him; and even though I do not see Him now, I have believed in Him and am filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for I am receiving the goal of my faith, the salvation of my soul.

I am God's elect. I am a stranger in the world. I have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit.

I have been chosen and am being sanctified for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by His blood:

I can expect grace and peace in abundance.

(Refer to 1 Peter 1: 1-9)

Therefore,

(I'll post my therefore tomorrow)

1 comment:

LB said...

wow, to see it all on paper, 2009 looks quite overwhelming. It never slows down, does it? I can't wait to hold that baby boy, though. I (not being the mother who has to survive those first weeks) can't wait to see a newborn again.