Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Morning

Well - obviously I'm not blogging very much, still -



I returned from Auburn on Tuesday - went down to see Kate who has returned from China - she really liked being there and seems to want to be back there, still. Amazing. I think that I might have wanted to do stuff like that when I was her age - maybe - travel - see the world - but I don't remember that very much - I do love home. I love nesting and creating a spot. I love creating. so - enough of that.



I'm glad and grateful for Kate's one week and now as her mom, knowing she's had a taste of it and wants to be there, I won't feel the angst over her returning for a substantial length of time. I know that I had no right to that concrete sense of security - because, obviously, we are often called to "step out" into what we don't know - trusting God for His presence - Kate was willing to do that - I just was so wanting her to have a taste to see how it felt to her. Anyway - the kindness and gentleness of God gave me that, this time. Again, He'll call me to blind faith at another time - so - I'll trust Him.



My favorite things and what I like to remember.....



hmmmmm......



Well, for now - still - my favorite things are the warmth of the sun in this season. Except this whole week has been on and off again rain, but with afternoon sun - so that's good. Still, cool mornings and nights - and I know I haven't posted any pictures showing what I'm enjoying. I don't have a professional yard, but it's mine and I love the "shabby chic'ness" of it - it reminds me of old yards - I like that - cottage yards - I would love better grass, but not perfect grass that I can't touch and walk in - not grass that makes me fret if one weed shows up - I don't want my yard to own me - although it is a responsibility, just having it. Anything we own is a responsibility - like my house and the space that I have - and making the best use of it.



This week I cleaned out my laundry room - I do that all along, like my bedroom closet - both are "hotspots" for clutter and stashing - and I do(stash, I mean) - and it stresses me as it gets out of control - not to mention the lint pileup in the laundry room - I've pulled out so much stuff to get rid of and I am so glad about it. I'm excited about the extra space I'll have, just organizing and throwing away.



Following this project I plan in the next week or so to deep clean the 3 bedrooms upstairs - getting the horrid dust that builds up under the beds. I wish that I never had to use the space under the bed for storage - and that everytime I, or Charlie, vacuum, we would get "under the bed".

Which is why I prefer hardwood floors - one cannot deny the dust when there are hardwood floors - on the other hand, it's easy to pretend it's not there with carpet. Maybe someday I'll have my hardwoods.

Obviously I'm stalling, because I can't think of a thing to write about. I can't imagine anyone being interested in whether I'm writing or not but if there is some random person out there with a question of what it's like to be 57 or what it's like to raise 4 girls or what it's like to trust Christ for 41 years or what it was like being a child in the 50's and a teenager in the 70's and a young adult in the 80's, well - ask - I'm just having a hard time thinking of anything to say - but I do enjoy blogging and posting and going on about something.

Maybe later I'll find something interesting to post - Anyone need a recipe for anything? I've got thousands - well - probably not thousands - but I have a lot.

Until later......


1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

I must say I have missed your posts! I am glad you wrote today even if you didn't have much to say, it made me smile :) Can't think of any questions of hand, gotta sleep while Sadie does! If I do, I will get back to you!
Love you friend!