Monday, September 29, 2008

I've Had Visitors, Wednesday thru Monday



Little Ada Belle (Ada, really) came with her mom to see us, on Wednesday of last week. She and Laura Beth left just this morning. It was 6 days of cousin stuff - so cute. It was also Ann's ten year class reunion. The homecoming parade was on Friday - and SEC football on Saturday. Sarah was here - arriving from Auburn on Thursday night. She left this morning, right before LB and Ada. Ada
This is Ellie two weeks ago.
It was the day after she fell, at home, and knocked out another tooth.
It balanced the look, and this grandmother thinks she looks cuter than ever.
This photo doesn't reveal her toothless smile,
but the one below does, taken just last night.
Ellie is only 3 1/2 - so we'll have her this way for a few more years.

And Luke. He has on part of his pirate outfit - inherited from his cousin, Jonathan, who lives in Arizona. He is climbing on his bed to show us the bed. Ellie had led us upstairs to see how she had "made her bed" - and of course Luke had to show us his bed, too.


I have nothing more to write about other than my weekend - but just want to say that the weather is getting nicer and nicer - isn't it? Fall is getting here. I have the itch to do something creative. I hope that I will. I won't make any promises - but painting something would be nice - as in a picture - acrylics - I think. I'm looking into it. I don't really trust myself in that dept. to "get it done", but one never knows, does one? I'll be posting again - soon - This is a big week - Ann finds out the gender of her baby - on Thursday. That is Grandchild #4. Can't wait! My sister, Mary Ann, is traveling here for a visit on Thursday - and Kate is also coming for the weekend.

Happy Fall! and I am going ahead and posting a few favorites from past autumns.

These were taken at the Sunday School Assembly in Monteagle, TN. Amazing and fascinating place - been there since the old days - It's like a walled in community of very old houses and going back in time. There are 2 Bed and Breakfast Inns there. It's across the Interstate from University of the South in Sewanee, TN. I highly recommend a visit there - my friend, Mary Bratton, introduced me to it. These pictures were taken when Charlie and I were celebrating one of our anniversaries - maybe 20th or 23rd. Can't remember. We stayed in one of their Bed and Breakfast Inns.









Love Fall.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love the way you did those pictures. I really should frame the one of Ellie without her teeth.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love fall too! I miss it so much because here there is no 'fall'...there is the fall season but NO fall as in leaves and crisp autumn days. :) Thanks for the pictures!
Hollen

Unknown said...

Oh yea...P.S. SO cute the pic. of Ellie with her missing two front teeth! LOL She doesn't have to ask for them for Christmas! :)
Hollen