Thursday, August 7, 2008

80 PICTURES, BUT THE ONE BEFORE THIS IS THE OFFICIAL POST FOR TODAY.

As soon as I finished my post for today,
who should walk in the back door, but Ann, Ellie and Luke. Actually, she had already called me and wanted to know if I wanted to ride out to their house - floors have been put down, carpet laid, fireplace redone, columns on front porch, other stuff. So we all went and I took pictures for people who might be interested - I'm thinking, Laura Beth, Stephanie, Hollen, Mary Ann, hmmmmm, don't know who else. Sarah and Kate are too busy with rush to really count it an item of interest.


Still can't drive down the driveway. Just so glad to have the driveway poured. Seemed like that would never get done. It was vital for closing. So are some other things. That's Bobby Tate down at the bottom of the drive, talking with Jamie Tate Hedge, I learned later. Bobby took one look at me and thought I was still sick from the kidney infection. I still had the "just got out of bed look". I'm recovered from the kidney infection. I told Bobby that all cleaned up I looked 20 years younger. He knew that wasn't true




Luke sitting on the completed staircase. Well, not fully completed, but enough for closing. Ann begged me not to take pictures of her. Then said, "Well, you can take pictures but please don't post them on your blog. I think she looks fine!" Taken from the dining room - Ann looking out the front door.

In the Master bedroom. That's Bobby Tate, looking at the shower door or something. His people did all the tile work. He has a business in Huntsville. Tiles.

Ann wanting to put Luke's shoes on. He and Ellie took their shoes off in EVERY ROOM which had carpet. They were off in a blink, and they had to be put back on - to walk elsewhere in the house. He's stalling, and wrapping his blanket around himself. Shoes on. Ellie in the Master Bedroom. The redone Fireplace, with Faux Stacked Stone. I think it looks great. Notice the hardwood floors. They are almost all put down.

Kitchen.

Hall toward Front Door.
Up the Stairs. Picture taken from the landing, before it turns the corner.Who doesn't love the promise and hope and relief of a bonus room? I've NEVER had a bonus room. That's okay. It wasn't meant to be, or I was just too uninformed to require one. Bonus Room. Bonus Room Play. Ellie and Luke's shared sink in their shared bathroom. Oooooo.
Wonder how many fights that will spawn? Luke in his bedroom. Notice, again, shoes off in the carpeted rooms. :-) I asked Luke to take his Paa Paa out and smile for me. He did. This door is directly across from Luke's bedroom door. It's the "office". Inside the office. It has irregular corners and ceiling shapes.
I don't know why I love rooms like this. Cozy and extra.

Playing in the Office.

Time to go back downstairs.

Headed downstairs. Ann pointed to this and said to me, "Baby GATE!!!". I said, "Definitely!".

Entrance hall light fixture. Pretty.

Men working on front steps.



Brick Columns on Front Porch, looking through Dining Room windows.

More Kitchen, looking toward screened porch.Luke in the Guest Room, downstairs. Only it is referred to as Nana's room by Ellie. When it was first being built I told her that would be where Nana would stay. Nana is Diana Barber, Steve's mom. It is now Nana's room, and the guest bathroom is Nana's bathroom. Good luck to whomever else might be a guest there. I hope Ellie will allow it. I'm lucky to have my own place here in Scottsboro. :-)

Guest Bath.Window in Guest Bath.Light Fixture over Vanity.Vanity in Guest Bath. Mud Room. Where Ann is standing will be a bench, which now is sitting in the Laundry room. In the next picture is Laundry Room and Ellie and Luke are climbing on the "afore mentioned Bench".Laundry Room. The blue paint Ann chose is so light and refreshing. Doesn't show up well in this picture.Light Fixture in Dining Area of Kitchen.

Ann's Deep Sink, and so wide. I envy things like this. :-)Screened Porch, looking through windows in dining area of kitchen. Deck, as seen from screened porch.Man working on Deck. See that opening just beyong railing? That is storage beneath house. Ann and Steve have determined that to be their "tornado shelter". Here in Alabama we have definite tornado seasons. Can't imagine going down there in the night, during a tornado warning!!!Not a great picture but hard to delete. This was taken as we headed out the back door to go home.Back Screened porch, seen from driveway.Driveway Perspective, Uphill.Sidewalk will soon be poured - toward front porch. Ellie in Driveway.Lukie.In the Car Seat, while Ann pays guy who did stairwell.Ellie wouldn't look at me. For some reason I was getting all over her nerves. She and I have great moments, but today I seemed to be an invasion.Ann talking with Steven, just after she paid the stair guy. She is holding a box of "Cinderella Cookies". I'm in the passenger's seat, just waiting and taking one last picture.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures!! Living so far away is terrible because I haven't been able to see much of the house. Thanks so much for posting!! I bet that took a lot of time. I am sure Hollen will love them too!!! Please give everyone our love. Ann looks BEAUTIFUL!! I can see her little belly pooch!! :) SO ADORABLE!! Take care and I'm so glad you are over the kidney infection. ps.. Is it just me or is Luke's hair getting much thicker and a little darker?? Love you all, Steph

Unknown said...

OH ps, I forgot to mention how beautiful I think the house is. Praise the Lord and we are praying that they meet all of the closing deadlines!

Elizabeth said...

Stephanie, I don't know about darker or thicker, but it's longer. Ann took him to the Barber Shop to get a haircut, but had to back off - either the line was too long or she didn't have cash. (Cash is required). Luke HATES haircuts - like some people hate the dentist. He screams the whole time. And yes, her pooch is there, and she is upset that I posted all 80 pictures. I promised her I would edit if she wanted me to. I have a hard time deleting. It doesn't work for me. It took soooo long to post all of those. I did it for family. :-) Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THOSE PICTURES! LOL haha...my mom thought I would love them!- and i did! :) I love any Ellie and Luke pictures...and ann! :) Thanks for posting!
Hollen