Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday in the Present


Today is Wednesday. We are heading into some full and active days - changes. Something different. Sarah, my 3rd daughter(see list of blogs under MY ART), is traveling home tomorrow from Auburn for a very long weekend. She was planning to come home today, but one of her art instructors changed that. He set up a mandatory critique for tomorrow. She'll travel home tomorrow afternoon. My sister, Mary Ann, is coming tomorrow. And tomorrow night, later in the evening, Laura Beth, my 2nd daughter (see list of blogs under ADA UPDATES), and Scott and Ada are traveling here, from Georgia. We will all be here on Friday, along with Ann and Steve and the children, to celebrate the 4th of July. Food will be involved. It's a family gathering.
Saturday, Mary Ann will return to her home. Laura Beth and Scott are going to "take a day", while I keep Ada. I'm guessing Ann and Ellie and Luke will come over. Sarah will be here. Some of those folks are staying at my house while Charlie and I go on a little trip next week.
I'm saying all of that to say, this could very well be my last post for several days. Today I'm getting ready for my family to come here, plus I've been with Ann and Ellie and Luke. I am about to post pictures which I took today of our time spent at their new house, which is being built. It would be very appropriate, if I had a scanner and access to pictures which are at Mary Ann's house, to post black and whites of Mary Ann and Me and Mother taken in 1954 when Mother and Daddy were building their house at 305 Williams Avenue in Evergreen. What I have instead are today's pictures - which would be more appropriate on Ann's blog, but I happen to know that she is especially sick today, with the new baby hormones and probably won't be posting a blog today. We did stop by CVS to pick up wrist bands which are supposed to help with motion sickness, morning sickness, and chemo sickness. They look like sweat bands for athletes.




Ellie and Luke peering into Ann and Steve's tub. They see a big bug. In Steve and Ann's bedroom, opening fixtures.
Going upstairs to see the fixtures.Ellie before she climbs the stairs, telling me something very important. Ellie in her pink room, showing me her light fixture.
Luke and Ellie and in the bathoom they will share. Hope that works out, peacefully.




Ann checking things out. Notice her wrist bands for nausea. Ellie looking also. She imitates everything Ann does and says. Ann commented that she looks 4 months pregnant in this picture. She doesn't usually look that way. It's the angle and the camera. Oops.Luke looking out his bedroom window. Wonder how much he'll grow, and the memories he'll make, living in this house, and in this room.Ellie and Luke, in Luke's room.Very loud country music was blasting throughout the house. Notice the red box. Music Source. Ellie and Luke are dancing here.The house in progress. The truck and trailor are carrying some cabinets to be installed. The red ditch on the left is the electricity being put in, or installed, or hooked up. Whatever. The house will have electricity.The house taken from the van where Luke and I waited while Ann and Ellie transported doorknobs, several, to the house.Luke, in the back of the van.Ann and Ellie coming for another load of doorknobs.Ann and Ellie, close up. These days, Ellie will hardly be willing to let Ann out of her sight. She does NOT want to stay with "Near", that's me, the baby sitter. Luke, on the other hand, loves me and prefers me. Wonder how long that will last.Luke, after his bath, on the couch, watching Tigger and Pooh. He loves hats, and his paa-paa(pacifier) and blanket. Ann and Ellie had to make yet another run to Home Depot. Ellie wouldn't even talk about staying with me. I gave Luke a bath. He was so dirty from the house trip plus, a dirty diaper.

Luke watching Tigger and Pooh, can't break the concentration.

Again, mesmerized.

More.

That's all for today, and for a while. I'll take pictures of the next few days and post them. Can't wait to see my little Ada. I want to see her take some steps. I've heard she's taken a few. And then, I'll plunder through old stuff and see what I've got.

3 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Such fun pictures! I can't wait to see them, and I can't wait to see the house! Ellie looks like Ann in the picture where she's "telling you something very important."

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting pics of the house!! It is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I love reading your blog...along with Ann's, Sarah's, and Laura Beth's! I like hearing about what people have done and stuff. I miss my two little cousins! :) They are so precious! The house is similar to our old one and is BEAUTIFUL! :) Thanks so much for the pictures...Luke is so cute on the couch watching "Tigger and Poo"! Oh..don't worry, Ellie will come around!! :) Enjoyed seeing you guys!
Hollen
P.S. In case you wondered...I am posting under my mom's username! :)