Monday, June 16, 2008

MORE THAN A LITTLE INTIMIDATED

Today is Monday June 16. My first attempt at blogging. I've been intrigued by it, having 4 daughters who are bloggers. I have a total of 4 daughters. I found myself here because I have been photographing my hydrangeas and there is a "button" which says BLOG THIS. I did and was ushered through setting up my blog address. The title of today's blog is MORE THAN A LITTLE INTIMIDATED. That's because, in this blog community, I am somewhat intimidated. I suppose I'll get more comfortable with it. It's like entering a strange room, filled with so many people, and not knowing what to do with myself. I don't want to embarrass myself, but it won't be the first or last time I've embarrassed myself.



The title of my blog is Cinderella, Little Furmaid and Sleeping Judy. I chose that title because I want to write about my favorite things. That phrase is one of my favorite things, and it was coined by my 3 year old granddaughter, Ellie. She loves those three beautiful ladies, the princesses of Disney. There are more, but those 3 are her favorite, right now. When we say Cinderella, Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty, she hears Cinderella, Little Furmaid, and Sleeping Judy. It sounds like the title of a book, or at least the title of a chapter in a book. And then one could write about so many things: things we love, things we think we love but they soon evaporate, things we're confused about but the confusion is better than the reality, and then what is best, when the reality is better than the confusion. It goes on and on. I just like saying and reading it in print. Cinderella, Little Furmaid, and Sleeping Judy.

I will attempt to post pictures of my Hydrangea Bushes. They are young, but not babies. They have produced beautiful flowers this season, and I've not let myself cut many. I usually cut them for inside arrangements, but I don't want to lose any size on them this season. I want to have really big hydrangea bushes. Today I cut a few more and took pictures of the bushes and the ones I cut. Also, my house and how it looks on this day, June 16, 2008.

No comments: