Monday, April 9, 2012

Walking

It's Monday.  We celebrated Christ's resurrection yesterday.

What do you do when you find out that you've been redeemed from a pit so dark, so hopeless - and you've been redeemed by the God of all creation?

What do you do?

Do you pay him back?  Do you thank Him?  Do you wonder where to go from here?
Yes, thank Him.  Every hour.  All the time.  Be really really thankful.
You can't repay Him, but you give Him yourself.  That's what you do.

Do you think, "What if I go back in the pit?"  Are you scared you might go back in the pit?  Back to despair and hopelessness?  Back to death?

If you heard the truth you know that you've been redeemed forever and that He carries you.  No need to fear those things.  He has you.  Even in the moments when He carries you through things that feel "pit-like" or feel hopeless, there is the truth of the Gospel.  You are alive in Christ.

You just walk.  You live in Him.  He carries.  He changes you and me.  He shapes and makes and molds you and me.  We are alive now because He is alive.  If we said yes to Him.  I did say yes.  I said for Him to have all of me.  I still say it.  It's the only way to live, day after day.  Walking.

I have been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Again, Happy, Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like this :) can't wait to come home!