Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Review

This is what our Saturday afternoon looked like, following the shower we had attended. We brought Ellie and Luke home with us (the party had been out at the clubhouse, near Ann's house - within walking distance from her house) Luke and Ellie still are unfamiliar enough with the the world's big thrills, that they enjoy playing in the sprinkler at their Grandmother's house.
Those simple pleasures remain enough for them.
Anna Lucy sat on the back porch steps and sketched them as they played. She was an art major and graduated this May of 2009, besides majoring in whatever one studies to get into Dental School - Pre-dental school? Ellie couldn't play for wanting to watch what she was doing.

Luke continues to play and isn't moved by whatever artwork is happening.


Charlie is doing a much needed project. Eliminating this bed which began several years ago and has grown untamed and wild. No order to it and no longer visually pleasing - not at all. We arent' sure how we'll replace it,
but so glad he's getting it done.

Ellie in the sprinkler
Charlie continues to work.
Luke did go over and check on his progress, all along, even though he wasn't drawn to the artist.

And today is Monday - Below is how the cleaned out area looks. We are going to cover it with pine straw until we decide what to do. Perhaps leave it alone for a while.
This is my art studio which I have cleaned thoroughly so that Sarah can use it to prepare for her senior year - as an art major,
Graduating in Fine Arts.

From another angle.

And below are just 2 of my beautiful hydrangeas.
The bushes are not big enough for me yet. I want them very large, so I will again restrain myself and not cut large stems - I'll wait a couple of years before I allow myself that luxury.


All our company went home yesterday morning.
Those of us who live here went to church at Riverside.
Steve is teaching out of Amos.
Very powerful and penetrating to my heart.
Forever wanting to be 500% HIS - looking like Christ - living as if on my face and knees before HIM always. Every speck of this flesh of mine broken so that His Spirit is flowing out of me.
What does anything matter but
His Glory and Holiness and Honor?
Ellie and Luke spent the night last night.
So cute.
They left this morning when Steve picked them up to take them to breakfast. Again - as excited as if he was showing up to take them to Disney World or as if they hadn't seen him in weeks. They only spent one night away.
Luke napped with Steve yesterday
while Ellie played at my house.
They ran down the sidewalk, "DAAADDDDDEEEEEEE!!!"
So it's a Monday - a new day and a new week.
My house needs much tidying up and some spots need cleaning a whole lot.
I want to work outside.
That's this weekend and a new beginning -
which I love new beginnings.

No comments: