Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Monday

I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  Galatians 2:20

Everything is needful that He sends, nothing can be needful that He withholds.  John Newton
Think about that for the rest of your life.  It will do you good.  Tim Keller on the above John Newton quote.


"We can easily manage if we take, each day, the burden appointed to it.  But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it." - John Newton

or

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 
Matthew 6: 34

But really, the most peace I receive is knowing that it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. It's all His business - and I am to rest and be yielded.  There is active obedience, yet it's all in trusting Him - Everything is needful that He sends, nothing can be needful that He withholds.

And that is living the life.

No comments: